Wednesday 12 June 2013

Injuries Suck!

It's been 80 days since The Incident, as it shall now be referred to as, and what have I learnt?

Well at the grand age of 30 you'd expect me to say I need to be more careful in future and start thinking about putting these dangerous activities behind me. In reality though I'm leaning more toward the idea of if there's not long left before I'm too old/tired/weak to ride trials the only thing to do is push myself whilst I still can!
There's still so much more I want to do, people I want to meet, places I want to ride and I know if I throw the towel in now I will only regret it down the line.
I've already made so many new friends riding trials and I'm looking forward to making more when I join the 24tour in August and beyond that. A rider released a video a while back that really hit home what trials means to me, he'd been through a tough time and it was people he'd met in the scene that pulled together to bring him back up. I hope one day I'm lucky enough to have friends that would do the same for me, see what you think.
Still livin' from Joel Bennett on Vimeo.